Heron Links at Willows Run Golf Course
10402 Willows Road NE
Redmond WA 98052
Course Review Date – 7/28/2011
Course Reviewer: Sean Charlton
Did you recently have shoulder surgery and are looking for a low cost, well maintained par three course to start your golf rehab? or Do you have a small child that you’d like to get started playing golf but don’t want to go to ‘beginner’ course with a bunch of drunken hacks gallivanting about the fairways? I have the perfect answer for you! Heron Links at Willows Run. This 9 hole executive course consists of 9 par-3 holes, ranging from 86 to 170 yards
I recently had rotator cuff surgery in January and this was my first round of the year and I couldn’t have asked for a better first outing. The 9 holes are in fantastic condition, possibly even better that the full courses at Willows Run. If you’ve played Coyote Creek or Eagle’s Talon you know how this links style course plays. Imagine taking the front 9 of either course and putting it into the ‘Honey I Shrunk the Kids’ machine, and you have Heron Links.
Nicely kept grass tees with an adult and junior tee box. Some of the holes are equipped with sand traps, water hazards and even rolling fairways, although very short. There’s not a lot of rough on this course however the foliage between holes is quite heavy and an easy place to lose a ball. The greens are soft but roll true and I was able to hold all my attempts at the green even with a short approach shot.
For $13 ($11 during the week) you can’t do much better.
Golfchops.com rating: 18/25
Customer Service: 3
Condition of Greens: 3
“Perceived” maintenance level of course: 4
– One friendly person in the small proshop but like the course, the proshop is a smaller version of the larger one at the main club house, complete with a fridge full of beer and a few snacks.
– No beverage cart on the course but if you’re lucky you can catch the cart going through the full course next to hole 3 and have a drink tossed over the brush (but don’t count on it)
– I’ve played this course a few times over the past several years and I’ve never encountered a long wait to tee off, back-ups on the course, or a change in the course condition.
– Tees at all 9 tee boxes looked to get shuffled around to keep them fresh and looking good.
– Greens fees are very reasonable;
Thursday Adults – $11.00 +tax Seniors / 13 & Under – $9.00 +tax
Friday – Sunday All Ages – $13.00 +tax