Centennial Golf Club
Medford OR, 97504
Course Review Date: 05.12.2011
Course Reviewer – Ian
Acclaimed by many as the best golf course in the Rogue Valley, Centennial Golf Club in Medford, Oregon is a 7309 yard wide open jaunt that you will not soon forget. You’re immediately tricked into a touch of false optimism when you arrive at the course because it looks so flat, displays some beaming wide fairways, and doesn’t have any obvious danger. It’s usually that hope of shooting in the low 80’s that makes gutting my 94 that much more difficult. No way I can have 5 double bogeys in a row on this track! Ah hell… One of the tricky things about this game is that no matter how wide the fairways seem to be, you still have to freaking hit them to give yourself a chance. You might not play a place where this truth is more real.
Besides the perils of the rough at Centennial Golf Club they also throw some quick bent grass greens at you with gnarly pin placements. There wasn’t a straight put on that course for myself or Golfchops contributor JR. Even the three foot knee knockers were breaking 6 inches every which way. I like to think of myself as an above average putter and when I looked at the scorecard and realized I had an 15 footer on 18 for my first and only 1 putt of the day, I wanted to cry a touch. Then I missed the putt and shed my tear 😉
Loved this course….and it ate me alive. This is one I want a revenge round on asap.
Golfchops.com rating: 22/25
Customer Service: 4
Condition of Greens: 4
“Perceived” maintenance level of course: 5
– Pretty friendly bunch at the course.
– The greens were nails. Creeping bent grass, quick, breaking all over the place. I would give them a 5 but they didn’t hold shots well at all.
– Tee to green the course was in excellent shape..
– $26 twilight rate on a Wednesday and we tee’d off at 2:30. Good luck beating that deal. We felt like we stole something.
– Easily the largest driving range teeing ground I have ever seen. A couple of solid practice greens that rolled identical to the greens on the course. Only drawback would be a long walk to the club house when making the turn if you want a beer.Pictures